The Sir James Henderson British School of Milan (SJHS) is a non-selective school. However, the admission
procedure operated by the School ensures that the nature and character of its mission and objectives
Places are offered to students irrespective of academic ability although children with special
needs and learning difficulties will be assessed carefully to determine whether the School is
able to effectively address their individual needs.
Admission to the School is based on:
Demand for places at the School is high. Therefore we advise interested
parents, particularly those moving to Milan from abroad, to apply early.
- An interview with the
- Head of the Lower School and/or the Principal when seeking admission to the Lower School;
- Principal and/or his/her Deputy when seeking admission to the Upper School.
These interviews normally comprise a tour of the relevant sections of the School and an
opportunity to meet appropriate teaching staff.
- Availability of places in the relevant year group.
- Results of assessments in English and mathematics. These assessments are designed to determine
whether a child will be able to access a curriculum that is delivered in the English language.
The level of achievement is assessed using standardised age appropriate tests administered by the relevant department.
- School reports from the child's last or current school.
Where there is a waiting list for places in a particular year group, the School uses the following
criteria for allocating places:
For enquiries, please complete the "Application Form".
You will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss further your enquiry.
- Students from British schools in the UK and British schools worldwide with mother tongue English
are given priority entry to SJHS at all levels.
- The School seeks to maintain a balance of British, Italian and international students
within each year group.
For information on tuition and fees, please go to the fees and financial regulations page of the website.